Pusat Kebajikan Good Shepherd (Teenage Centre), Ampang
The Teenage Centre offers FAMILY CENTRED PROGRAMS FOR TEENAGE GIRLS AND their FAMILIES where they can be empowered to realize their potential and take responsibility for their own lives.
Activities are carried out through three main streams:
1. Full Residential Program
This program targets teenage girls who are experiencing conflict in relationships, abuse and/or neglect. A further target group is families with low functional capacity in dealing with situations of conflict.
Program activities are as follows:• Counselling and support for teens and their families to manage the crisis
• Group living, building relationships and social values formation
• Home visits, family counselling and reconciliation programs
• Parents of the residents are required to attend monthly counselling programs
• Motivation and supervision of studies
• Holiday programs
• Group work and life skills program (for example, computer literacy, grooming, housework and other skills)
2. Weekend Residential Outreach Program
Teenage girls with behavioural problems but who can be assisted within the family context are provided weekend stays and take part in activities such as:• Family counseling
• Family bonding and reconciliation activities
* Holiday programmes and
• Group work and value formation programs.
3. Preventive Programmes
Outreach programmes to youths, young adults and parents offering human development programmes, communication skills, awareness of social concerns etc.
Pusat Kebajikan Good Shepherd (Teenage Centre),
8.8km, Jalan Hulu Kelang,
68 000 Ampang,
Tel: 03-4256 3941
Fax: 03-4256 5205