The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) is an After School Care program conducted at the Good Shepherd Rural Training Centre, Kg. Pukak and has the following objectives:
- To increase literacy rates and inculcate an appreciation for language among children in Kg. Pukak in respect to English, Bahasa Malaysia and Dusun language
- To harness thinking and creative skills of the children through play and activities
- To enable children to come together as a learning community and to promote peer learning among the children
- To promote a stronger sense of caring among the children towards their community
- To inculcate in the children and their parents that children too have rights as individuals
Primary school children from Kindergarten to Primary Six from SK Pukak participate in the learning activities of the LRC every Monday and Wednesday afternoons. This program is well received by the Pukak community and SK Pukak.
The Mobile Children Program (MCP) is a mobile program which moves from village to village, bringing the activities of the LRC to children who are living in the outlying villages. The MCP currently reaches out to children in rural communities in various places in Sabah. At each location, we also engage and train volunteers from the village community to conduct the programs on their own.
How you can join us in The Learning Resource Centre and Mobile Children Program
The programs are conducted by a pool of staff and volunteers. You can join our volunteer program which helps out in the following areas:
- Conducting Sessions / Workshops
- Social Activities
- Providing transport to the rural villages where the programs are held